We regret to inform you that in light of the updates of the COVID-19, we have decided to cancel the 2020 Kentucky WMU Annual Meeting. Hear from our Executive Director-Treasurer, Liz Encinia, regarding the decision.
Gather up your friends and join us at the 2020 KY WMU Annual Meeting and Missions Celebration in Richmond, KY.
We will hear powerful testimonies from Nik & Ruth Ripken, Andrew Mann, and Kay Bennett; and challenged to live "All In" by Dr. Todd Gray, KBC Executive Director-Treasurer. Worship will be led once again, by Justin and Hollye Hornsby.
You will experience the Marketplace filled with ministry exhibitors, WorldCrafts Store, Kingdom Growers Cafe, and hands-on ministry. In addition, you will have the opportunity to "Adopt-A-Missionary", participate in our prayer experience, and celebrate Acteens 50th birthday!
First Baptist Church Richmond
$15 early bird-online registration
$20 at the door
To learn more, or to register > click here.
The North American Mission Board (NAMB) appreciates your partnership as we work together to share the gospel throughout the United States and Canada. To help you prepare and create inspiration for this year’s Annie Armstrong Easter Offering® (AAEO), here’s a basic plan—and a few creative ideas shared with us by Southern Baptist Churches.
• Printed materials (posters, prayer guides, envelopes and promotion guides) are mailed to your church by the Kentucky WMU. If you need to change your order or update your order please call Kentucky WMU at 502-489-3435.
• Video, digital and printable resources can be found on the promotion guide DVD and at AnnieArmstrong.com
• Set an offering goal, and promote it in your bulletin, website and worship announcements.
• Hang posters in high-traffic areas, and place offering envelopes in pews or insert into the bulletin.
• Use AAEO graphics (logos and artwork) for your church bulletin, worship visuals and website.
• Use AAEO social media graphics and posts on your Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Create posts with your campaign pictures and progress towards the goal.
• Play a missionary video each week in the worship service. Pray for the offering and featured missionary.
• Print the bulletin inserts to use each week. Ask the pastor to review the main points.
• Promote the Week of Prayer on the designated day starting the first Sunday in March, or designate a different week for your church. Hand out prayer guides or use them as a bulletin insert.
• Create a missions bulletin board in a high-traffic area with the theme, scripture and print resources.
• Create a visual to track progress toward the goal. This can be a display in the lobby, a bulletin board or a slide in your visual worship announcements. Imagery could include a map of North America, thermometer, etc. that is shaded in each week.
• Gather testimonial quotes from missions givers in your church describing why they support AAEO. Use on your bulletin board display or publish weekly in the bulletin or social media.
• Distribute the AAEO lesson plans to teachers for adults, youth and children. Plan a special Sunday as North American Missions Day.
We received a call in our office with a praise report about the Eliza Broadus Offering (EBO). Pastor Jerry Anderson of Pleasureville Baptist Church, was so excited about this year’s EBO videos and wanted to pass along kudos for excellent work. He said that their WMU had set a goal of $4000 for EBO. He had shown the videos throughout the month, but on this one Sunday he showed the Crisis Pregnancy Center video. Before that Sunday, they had collected $3,575. After showing the video, they collected another $3,800, bringing their total to date to $7,375! He said that the women believe the videos played an important part of such an amazing giving. The videos put faces to what people were giving to. By the end of their collection, their final total was $7,625!!
Please join us in praising the Lord with Pastor Jerry Anderson!