PM59 Missions is a community ministry that focuses on creating outreach opportunities for families that connect them to church-es. We host special events and Christmas Backpack Giveaways giving churches an open door for reaching families in their communities. We also work closely with Sky Hope Recovery Center. We have the privilege of meeting with their ladies two days a week, building relationships as we serve their lunch. Our goal is to be their family while they are here.
HOW TO PRAY FOR PM59:
• Pray for our church partners as they build relationships with the families.
• Pray for the ladies at Sky Hope as we build relationships with them. Pray we will be able to share the love of Christ with them, leading them to an eternal relationship with Him.
• Pray for funding to continue our lunches twice a week and monthly dinners. As prices increase, our expenses increase as well.
The Louisville Regional Baptist Association’s Afghan Relief Efforts focus on networking associational churches to serve initially through food distribution and becoming welcoming teams for the families that arrived over the early months or resettlement. Your EBO dollars were invested into welcome baskets for the families that allowed them to initially stock up their homes and get a few extra amenities that would make it feel more comfortable. Though that portion of the work has come to a close for now (due to other support and employment opportunities), many of those families still have teams from LRBA churches serving them and building relationships.
A remarkable part of this process has been that God has brought about 22 Afghan Christians to Louisville and we are now working with leaders to help them find a place to gather for worship and fellowship. Most have been attending LRBA churches but would like to begin worshipping together. The testimonies of these believers and the persecution and certain abuse they escaped is harrowing and evidence of the remarkable grace of God in their lives.
HOW TO PRAY FOR LRBA AFGHAN RELIEF EFFORTS
• Pray for basic needs of life, jobs, and language learning to progress for all the families for the purpose of the gospel.
• Pray that relationships of trust form and grow. Pray that seekers feel comfortable asking and find suitable answers. Pray the Holy Spirit will open hearts like He did for Lydia in Acts 16.
• Pray for the burgeoning Afghan Church. Pray for support and strength as these Afghan believers cooperate that they may establish great inroads for the Kingdom of God. Pray that through these Afghan believers and their partnership with American believers that many Afghans would come to Christ and become disciples joining in worship.
As messengers gather for the annual meeting of the Kentucky Baptist Convention, there is an incredible opportunity to impact the host city with the gospel. The Eliza Broadus Offering helps fund a great diversity of Crossover evangelistic events that create opportunities for Kentucky Baptists to come alongside the host association and churches in their ongoing efforts to reach their local communities for Christ.
• Please pray for open doors as Kentucky Baptists mobilize to help the Warren Association visit the final homes adopted through the Gospel to Every Home initiative.
• Please pray as spiritual surveys take place on the campuses of WKU and Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College.
• Please pray as multiple outreach events take place to help launch a new Multi Language church in Bowling Green.
• Please pray for open hearts as youth from across southcentral Kentucky gather at evangelistic events.
Kentucky WMU strives to connect Christfollowers with tools and opportunities to obediently engage in God’s mission through Missions Discipleship, Leadership Development, and Compassion Ministries. One of the ways we encourage missions leaders is through our leadership development experiences.
Whether your church is taking their first steps in missions or are looking for new ways to approach missions through WMU, our desire is to equip, mentor, and empower missions’ leaders. Experiences like our Age-Level Missions Leader Retreats and our Fall Women’s Missions Retreat, provide leaders with a place to learn, build community with liked minded leaders, and be refreshed to go back to their churches and lead with excellence.
The Grayson County Center for Women's Ministries is part of an international ministry providing women, ages 13+, a path to emotional and spiritual healing and wellness. Our volunteers provide a safe place for hurting women to come in order to receive non-judgmental listening, comfort, encouragement and support. We are here to point women to Jesus Christ through individual peer counseling, support groups and Bible Studies.
Because you give, many women find true healing and freedom in Christ. Sandy Kiper, Kentucky MSC Missionary, serves as the center director and coordinates ministry efforts to offer a safe place for hurting women to come to receive non-judgemental listening, comfort, encouragement and support. Your gifts support programing and materials for peer counseling, prayer meetings, Bible studies, and community outreach. They also make it possible to reach teen girls through the S.H.E. team at the local middle and high schools.
Each year, the Eliza Broadus Offering provides $500 grants for each Kentucky Baptist Association. These grants provide monies to support the unique missions and evangelism efforts of each associational to aid in furthering the gospel in their part of the state. Crittenden Association of Baptist Churches, under the leadership of Richard Kendall, matched the EBO grant with an additional $500 and gave the grants to two small churches as a way to encourage missions engagement.
First Baptist Church in Falmouth hosted a block party and provided free food, crafts, a bounce house, Kona Ice and other activities for children in the community. First Baptist is not a large church, but they reached forty children and their parents during this outreach opportunity.
Unity Baptist Church in rural Grant County used their grant to host several outreach events including a trunk or treat fall festival and a youth activity. Unity Baptist Church took small but effect steps to engage in missions. From these events, they have had 16 people join their church as regular attendees.
How to Pray for Crittenden Baptist Association:
Kentucky has an active disaster relief program which works in concert with similar programs in other states. More than 2,000 individuals are trained as Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief workers. Volunteers can staff feeding units designed to deliver hot meals; move in with chainsaws to help remove debris; help families remove mud from flooded homes; chaplaincy, childcare, and provide many other disaster relief services.
HOW TO PRAY FOR KENTUCKY DISASTER RELIEF:
• Pray that more volunteers will join the KYDR ministry; pray for the laborers.
• Pray that God will supply funds and resources needed to safely and efficiently respond to those who have experienced a disaster.
• Pray that God will protect all volunteers as they serve in times of disaster.
• Pray that God will raise up a new generation of volunteers as we try to reach the younger demographics.
• Pray that as KYDR brings help, hope, and healing to those who are hurting, that we will see many respond to the Gospel and lives are changed.
Adult Changers is an intentional service and hands-on missions experience that helps adults 18+ put their faith into action. Serve for a weekend as you meet real needs, build meaningful relationships, and grow as followers of Jesus. Fashioned after student Kentucky Changers, Adult Changers works with local ministries to meet the needs of the ministry and people in their community. The following are types of work that could be done: electrical, plumbing, deck and/or carpentry, painting, landscape and roofing. Because you give, Kentucky Baptists have the opportunity to grow deeper in their faith, share the gospel with homeowners, while engaging in hands on com-passion ministry.
HOW TO PRAY FOR ADULT CHANGERS:
• Pray for the Adult Changers leadership team as they prepare for this year’s events
• Pray for more adults to participate in this hands-on-missions experience
• Pray for each ministry Adult Changers will be working with as they reach their community for the gospel